Home » Health & Safety Channel » Concussions: When To See Specialist

From Dr. Robert Cantu

Concussions: When To See Specialist

When Symptoms Last More Than Week, Follow-Up Care Recommended

The Flash plugin has not been detected. Please click here to download Flash
Health care professionals with training in concussion return to play guidelines, including a certified athletic trainer, can manage most sports concussions, says Dr. Robert Cantu.  Only where post-concussion signs or symptoms persist for longer than a week, or especially if they last a month or more (at which point an athlete is classified as experiencing post-concussion syndrome), should consultation with a concussion specialist be sought.