Health & Safety Channel
Select a Center
SafeSkin Tip of the Week
- Be pro-active about safety issues; learn about the risks posed by the sport your child plays
- Insist that coaches receive training in first-aid and injury prevention and bring a properly stocked first-aid kit to all games and practices
- Guard against overuse injuries; don't let your child play the same sport year-round
- Demand safe fields and equipment, such as anchored goals and emergency telephones
- Ask about the weather policy of your child's club; if it doesn't have one, adopt your own.
- Protect your child from the dangerous coach. Ask your club to run background checks on coaches or adopt the KidSafe program.
- Get your child's club to set up a risk management committee.
Featured Blogs & Forums
Sports Parents Are Talking
Boys Coaches Coaching Their Own Child Coaches Training Coaching Boys Coaching Girls Coaching Styles Communication Concussion Safety Cutting Kids from Sports Teams Equipment Female Athletes General Information General Safety Good Coaching Styles Healthy Meals & Snacks Muscles, Joints, & Bones Organization Overuse Injuries Survival Skills Team Sports